Effective June 1, 2021, our Covid-19 testing protocols and partner restrictions have changed as our community receives the opportunity to get Covid-19 vaccine.
- Covid-19 testing will end for all patients 2 weeks after they have received their full dose of the vaccine. Once a patient is fully vaccinated, they are to notify our Covid Testing Team by sending a copy of their vaccination card.
- All patients that have not received a vaccination or have one of the two vaccination doses will continue to be tested at the appropriate points in their journey.
- If a patient no longer requires the Covid-19 test, there will be one exception to the need for testing. If a patient has symptoms, they will need to have a negative test in order to present in the office.
- Partners are allowed to accompany you to embryo transfers, intrauterine inseminations (IUI), and pregnancy scans as long as they present their vaccination card at least 72 hours before your appointment using the form in your portal. Once this is received, the card will be reviewed and cleared as appropriate. The last dose of a vaccine must be given 2 weeks prior to coming to the office and there are no exceptions.
Covid-19 Vaccine Update
RADfertility is following ACOG and ASRM guidelines regarding the Covid-19 vaccine and patient care. Patients with questions should reach out to discuss their personal situation if needed.
RADfertility’s SafeJourney Plan Follows Guidance for Patient Care During the Covid-19 Pandemic Set Forth by the CDC and the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM):
- For everyone’s protection: state-of-the-art personal protective equipment (PPE) for our staff, and mask requirements and availability for our patients. Click here to learn about the CDC guidance we are following on required PPE for reproductive care procedures and activities.
- For our patients: efficient symptom screening via telemedicine prior to your travel to our offices along with digital check-in from your car, minimizing the time needed for in-office visits. Click here to learn how to check-in for your appointment at RADfertility.
- Required for our dedicated ‘frontline’ staff: pre-emptive interval Covid testing, daily symptom review, and daily temperature assessment
- Extensive sanitizing of exam rooms and equipment before patient hours, between patient visits, and after patient visits are finished each day
- Personalized Covid testing protocols for our patients prior to and during treatments, prior to surgery, and prior to diagnostic testing visits
- For our gentlemen patients: a popular semen analysis testing and short-term cryopreservation option without needing to making a trip to our offices. Click here to order or register your RADdad at-home sperm collection kit.
- RADfertility’s physicians and clinician providers will continue their active and convenient telemedicine consultations, and look forward to speaking to you
Fertility Treatment & Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions
1. What social distancing measures are being taken to minimize possible exposure to Covid-19?
- Telemedicine will be utilized for most consults and teaching appointments.
- Only essential appointments will occur within the office building.
- You will check in remotely once you arrive at the parking lot. Click here to learn how to check-in to your appointment at RADfertility.
- After your screening, if an exam room is sanitized and your provider is ready, you will be escorted directly to your exam room and will not need to wait in the waiting room.
- Effective June 1, 2021, partners are allowed to accompany you to embryo transfers, intrauterine inseminations (IUI), and pregnancy scans as long as they present their vaccination card at least 72 hours before your appointment using the form in your portal. Once this is received, the card will be reviewed and cleared as appropriate. The last dose of a vaccine must be given 2 weeks prior to coming to the office and there are no exceptions.
- You will see only a limited number of providers.
- RADdad, an at-home sperm collection kit for semen analysis and sperm freezing can be provided so that our male patients do not need to make a trip to our offices. Click here to order or register your RADdad at-home sperm collection kit.
2. What screening and testing measures are being taken to minimize possible exposure of Covid-19?
- For patients: Symptom screening via telemedicine prior to your travel to our offices
- For patients: Personalized Covid testing protocols prior to and during treatments, prior to surgery, and prior to diagnostic testing visits. Click here to learn how to check-in to your appointment at RADfertility.
- For staff: Pre-emptive interval Covid testing, daily symptom review, and daily temperature assessment
3. What PPE measures are being taken to minimize possible exposure of Covid-19?
- For patients: Cloth face coverings are mandatory at all times during an office visit and will be available
- For staff: State-of-the-art personal protective equipment (PPE) including medical grade masks will be used at all times
4. Am I at an increased risk of contracting Covid-19 during fertility treatment?
There is no evidence that fertility treatments including diagnostic testing, laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery, cycle monitoring, intrauterine insemination (IUI), egg retrieval and/or embryo transfer (IVF) etc. are affected by Covid-19. However, given the nature of fertility assessment/treatments which necessitate multiple office visits, even with widespread testing and risk mitigation strategies, there is no guarantee that you will not be exposed to the virus. You should discuss your individual risks with your healthcare provider.
5. What happens if I suspect I have Covid-19, and I'm in the process of fertility treatment?
If you suspect you’re sick with Covid-19, seek medical care immediately. Tell your doctor about your recent travel and your symptoms. Avoid contact with others and contact RADfertility with your condition as soon as possible.
6. Can I proceed with fertility treatment if I meet diagnostic criteria for Covid-19?
Any diagnostic testing, infertility treatment, surgery or other services will be suspended should you become symptomatic or test positive for Covid-19.
7. What are the risks of contracting Covid-19 prior or during pregnancy?
On November 2, 2020 the CDC released an early Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) stating that available data suggests that symptomatic pregnant women are at higher risk of more severe illness with Covid-19 than their non-pregnant peers. These risks include a small but significant increased risk of ICU admission, mechanical ventilation and death. It is important to note that the absolute risk is still small. Similar to the general population, pregnant women with comorbidities such as obesity, hypertension and gestational diabetes are at higher risk. Black and Hispanic women also appear to have higher infection and death rates than their peers.
Other Trending Posts
How fitting is it that RADfertility is celebrating our 26th anniversary today and it is also National Honey Bee Day?! It was on this day 26 years ago that Dr. Barbara McGuirk officially opened her doors in the Christiana Medical Center near Christiana Mall in Newark!
It was a GOOD mail day! These special letters arrived with the fabulous news that Dr. Barbara McGuirk and Dr. Adrienne Neithardt were selected as 2 of Delaware Today magazine’s 2021 Top Doctors!
A big reason to celebrate! Our RADfertility HOPE Tracker just crossed the incredible milestone of 100 babies born so far in 2021!
More Patient Resources
IVF Success Rates
We lead the way through research and innovation contributing to nationally recognized success rates.
We have compiled a list of resources aimed at helping patients navigate their fertility journey.
Patients on their fertility journey will often have to administer medication through injection at home.
Read from our own patients and hear their stories about their experience at RADfertility.
RADfertility Patient Support Group
Women from all stages of treatment are welcome to the RADfertility Patient Support Group led by Lindsay Griffin, LCSW.
Making a Difference
The Making a Difference series highlights the dedicated organizations and individuals in the community available to help you on your journey.
"I feel so lucky to have found RADfertility. I tried two other clinics before I expanded my search and found RADfertility. I drive an hour each way to go to them but I don’t regret a thing. They are so caring and so professional. Every time I message them they respond quickly. Every time I see them they have a friendly smile and warm welcome. They explain everything so well and I never feel lost in the process as I did elsewhere. They also took the time to figure out what was wrong. Other clinics threw up their hands, said 'I don’t know' and pushed me to try IVF."
"Dr. Feinberg and the entire staff at RADfertility are absolutely amazing. The receptionists, coordinators, nurses, and lab staff are compassionate, caring, and straight forward. I’ve had a 12-year infertility journey and I’ve tried other clinics but RADfertility was the only one I felt at ease with. They answered any questions that I had and were there any time I needed them. My coordinator, Amy, was the absolute best and always had my back. Dr. Feinberg’s dedication to his patients is incredible. You are not just a number there, you are a person with individualized needs and care."
"My journey with RADfertility and Dr. McGuirk started when my husband and I were trying to conceive and were having difficulty. We went to RADfertility, where we met Dr. McGuirk. I always say she changed my life and 'fixed' me. Dr. McGuirk is always learning more about endometriosis and how to help her patients. She’s brilliant and truly cares for you! I’m eternally grateful to her and everyone at RADfertility for their unwavering support, love, and care."
"Every step of our journey was tailored to us. We were treated so respectfully. Every detail was clearly explained and we felt so comfortable. Rhonda Wright was a Godsend and inspiring. I highly recommend this place! I cried when my weekly appointments were done and I 'graduated.'"
"The day I met Dr. Neithardt I knew she was the perfect doctor for me. Dr. Neithardt was so compassionate every step of the way. She held my hand, she hugged away tears, and continued to give me hope. There are not enough 'thank you's' in the world for Dr. Neithardt and the whole RADfertility team who will forever have a special place in my heart."
"RADfertility's staff has heart and provided me with exceptional health care. I knew I was in good hands and felt like we were in this together. The doctors and nursing staff always answered all of my questions and provided thorough information about all of my options. I am so fortunate and appreciative of the care that I received at RADfertility. They go above and beyond."
"I cannot begin to explain how wonderful RADfertility is. We were frustrated with trying to start a family and it not working for us. The entire team of doctors and nurses made us feel comfortable and hopeful that we would be parents. We experienced so many ups and downs but we never felt like we were on our IVF journey alone, we had our RADfertility team every step of the way. If you're looking for a supportive team on the IVF journey, look no further. RADfertility is the absolute best."
"Dr. Schillings always kept us informed and never gave up on us. She always explained our options and risks with each procedure. She called us personally when there were any issues or sensitive subjects to cover. Dr. Schillings was the first doctor that had answers for us and wanted to help us have our miracle baby!"
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Medical Arts Pavilion 2
Newark, DE 19713
Silverside Medical Center
2700 Silverside Road, Suite 2A
Wilmington, DE 19810
Eden Hill Medical Center
200 Banning Street, Suite 240
Dover, DE 19904
Phone: (302) 602-8822
Fax: (302) 602-8832