Welcome From Ronald F. Feinberg, MD, PhD, Medical Director of IVF Programs
Welcome to RADfertility. I look forward to talking with you personally, but in the meantime, let me share a bit of my history with you.
With a lifelong interest in the sciences, I was drawn to reproductive medicine primarily because of the research it involves. But the human side of infertility—the personal, real-life side—soon won my heart as I began to work with more and more couples in their quest to have the families they wanted.
I’m a husband and a father, and my family means everything to me. So to be able to help you grow your family—in the safe, responsible and personal way I believe in—is incredibly fulfilling for me. My partnership with Dr. McGuirk makes it even more so. We share a philosophy of care that I know benefits every family we work with.
For over two decades, I’ve had the privilege to work directly with the academic medical community (including many years at Penn and Yale) as well as national patient advocate groups such as RESOLVE, the American Infertility Association, the PCOS Association and PCOStrategies.
- Founding Partner, Reproductive Associates of Delaware (RADfertility as of August 2019)
- Associate Director, Endometriosis & Pelvic Pain Center
- Co-Founder, Egg Donor Collaborative
- Teaching Faculty, ChristianaCare
- Affiliate Professor, University of Delaware
- Executive Director, University of Delaware Family Building Research Fund
- Board Member, Delaware Outpatient Center for Surgery
- Former President, PARES (Philadelphia Area Reproductive Endocrine Society)
- Author, Healing Syndrome O: A Strategic Guide to Fertility, Polycystic Ovaries, and Insulin Imbalance
- Co-authored hundreds of journal articles, book chapters, and national presentations
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine Recognition, ASRM 2017 Star Award
- American Fertility Association, 2005 Family Building Award
- Delaware Today Top Docs Honor, 2018, 2016, 2014
Background & Education
- Board Certified: Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility and Obstetrics and Gynecology, by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow: American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellowship: Reproductive Endocrinology, University of Pennsylvania, Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship and Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
- MD: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- PhD: (awarded concomitantly with MD) Biochemistry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- BA: magna cum laude, Biology, LaSalle College, Philadelphia, PA
- Attending Staff Position: Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, ChristianaCare, Newark, DE
Press & Contributions
Dr. Feinberg’s expertise has served as a trusted resource for the media to address topics and issues related to infertility.
Press (In The News)
- Delaware Today – Delaware Strives To Be The First In Fertility Care – April 18, 2019
This article in Delaware Today‘s 302Health addresses Delaware’s recent efforts to move forward in fertility care and preservation coverage.
- Creating A Family – Options In Egg Donation – November 28, 2018
Dr. Ronald Feinberg & Dr. Joe Massey, Co-Founders of Egg Donor Collaborative, joined the Creating a Family Radio Show / Podcast to discuss donor egg options and research on improving success with egg donation.
- Delaware Public Media – Delaware Scientists React to Editing Genetic Mutations in Embryos – August 4, 2017
Delaware scientists react to the announcement that scientists successfully used CRISPR, an acronym used for a genetic engineering tool and technique, to remove a genetic disorder trait in a human embryo. “Fortunately, the very large majority of known genetic disease is due to recessive mutations, meaning that both parents need to ‘carry’ the mutation,” Dr. Feinberg stated.
- Fit Pregnancy – New Thinking On IVF: Why Single Embryo Transfers Could Work Better – November 10, 2016
The importance of single embryo transfer (SET) is highlighted and discussed. There’s been a stronger push for SET, due to higher success rates, lower risk of health concerns for both moms and babies, and lower cost SET IVF procedures. In 2016, RAD was cited in Forbes as having the highest SET rate in the U.S.
- DailyMail – Doctors develop new way of producing higher quality eggs that knocks a quarter off the cost – October 17, 2016
Dr. Feinberg addresses minimal stimulation IVF and its potential cost effectiveness to patients. Minimal stimulation IVF uses less medication than traditional IVF and can reduce costs up to 27%.
- UDaily – Deciphering Hormones – September 26, 2016
Dr. Ronald Feinberg’s collaboration with University of Delaware physiologist, Megan Wenner, is featured in the University’s online publication. Wenner’s research study is working to understand how hormones influence vascular function. A grant from the American Heart Association will help the UD researcher learn more about why or why not hormone therapy is safe for postmenopausal women.
- The News Journal – Delaware Couple Embraces Adoption When IVF Fails – May 10, 2016
The News Journal follows a local family on their path to parenthood. After years of trying and hoping, a family is born.
- Forbes – How To A Data Driven Informed – May 9, 2016
On April 12, 2016, the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART) released its annual IVF outcome data for the year ending December 2014. Dr. Ronald Feinberg provided insight in this Forbes article about how patients can make informed decisions utilizing this data.
- MetroKids – Secondary Infertility: Causes, Costs, and Treatments – April 26, 2015
Dr. Feinberg talks about secondary infertility, a common fertility misconception. Many people assume that couples who already have a child can easily have another. Secondary infertility is more prevalent than you might think, impacting approximately 35-40% of our patients.
- HealthDay – Controversial Fertility Treatment Resulted In Live Births – November 19, 2015
Dr. Feinberg provides some insight into Embryo development. The article explains the results of research published in the The New England Journal of Medicine by Italian investigators that suggest embryos with a mosaic of normal and abnormal chromosomes may develop into healthy newborns
- Independent Research – IVF’s Role in Growing the Next Generation – June 8, 2018
Dr. Feinberg contributed to this independent research paper by a Maryland high school student. It addresses the IVF process and discusses the health benefits of elective single embryo transfer.
Request an Appointment
If you would like to schedule an appointment, please let us know which dates and times work for you. A Patient Navigator will contact you to confirm your appointment.
Get a Second Opinion
Second opinions can provide new possibilities on your journey. Call (302) 602-8822 to speak to one of our Patient Navigators and schedule a second opinion consult.
Where You Go for Fertility Care Really Matters
For 25 years, we have followed the golden rule of fertility care: offering the same treatment to you that we would want for our friends and loved ones.
Dr. Feinberg’s Featured Blogs
When a local high school student contacted Dr. Feinberg for some help with her research project, he jumped in to assist! During their interview, the student asked a question Dr. Feinberg has never been asked before. She inquired how he became interested in the IVF field! Read his answer!
In a poignant New York Times interview in 2010 with the highly revered Dr. Howard Jones, he asserted, “Fertility investigators today should figure out which one embryo is likely to make a baby rather than transfer several.
Endometriosis hurts. There’s no question about it. Millions of women suffer in the U.S., and around the world. 1 in 10 women are affected by endometriosis, a leading cause of infertility and other health issues.
IVF For ME™
Maximizing IVF success with preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidies (PGT-A).
RADfertility is a leader in fresh and frozen egg technology that helps grow families.
Time-lapse video allows RADfertility's IVF experts to analyze individual embryo growth.
Single Embryo Transfer
RADfertility has one of the highest SET and pregnancy rates in the country.
IVF Success Rates
RADfertility leads the way through research and innovation contributing to nationally recognized success.
"I feel so lucky to have found RADfertility. I tried two other clinics before I expanded my search and found RADfertility. I drive an hour each way to go to them but I don’t regret a thing. They are so caring and so professional. Every time I message them they respond quickly. Every time I see them they have a friendly smile and warm welcome. They explain everything so well and I never feel lost in the process as I did elsewhere. They also took the time to figure out what was wrong. Other clinics threw up their hands, said 'I don’t know' and pushed me to try IVF."
"Dr. Feinberg and the entire staff at RADfertility are absolutely amazing. The receptionists, coordinators, nurses, and lab staff are compassionate, caring, and straight forward. I’ve had a 12-year infertility journey and I’ve tried other clinics but RADfertility was the only one I felt at ease with. They answered any questions that I had and were there any time I needed them. My coordinator, Amy, was the absolute best and always had my back. Dr. Feinberg’s dedication to his patients is incredible. You are not just a number there, you are a person with individualized needs and care."
"My journey with RADfertility and Dr. McGuirk started when my husband and I were trying to conceive and were having difficulty. We went to RADfertility, where we met Dr. McGuirk. I always say she changed my life and 'fixed' me. Dr. McGuirk is always learning more about endometriosis and how to help her patients. She’s brilliant and truly cares for you! I’m eternally grateful to her and everyone at RADfertility for their unwavering support, love, and care."
"Every step of our journey was tailored to us. We were treated so respectfully. Every detail was clearly explained and we felt so comfortable. Rhonda Wright was a Godsend and inspiring. I highly recommend this place! I cried when my weekly appointments were done and I 'graduated.'"
"The day I met Dr. Neithardt I knew she was the perfect doctor for me. Dr. Neithardt was so compassionate every step of the way. She held my hand, she hugged away tears, and continued to give me hope. There are not enough 'thank you's' in the world for Dr. Neithardt and the whole RADfertility team who will forever have a special place in my heart."
"RADfertility's staff has heart and provided me with exceptional health care. I knew I was in good hands and felt like we were in this together. The doctors and nursing staff always answered all of my questions and provided thorough information about all of my options. I am so fortunate and appreciative of the care that I received at RADfertility. They go above and beyond."
"I cannot begin to explain how wonderful RADfertility is. We were frustrated with trying to start a family and it not working for us. The entire team of doctors and nurses made us feel comfortable and hopeful that we would be parents. We experienced so many ups and downs but we never felt like we were on our IVF journey alone, we had our RADfertility team every step of the way. If you're looking for a supportive team on the IVF journey, look no further. RADfertility is the absolute best."
"Dr. Schillings always kept us informed and never gave up on us. She always explained our options and risks with each procedure. She called us personally when there were any issues or sensitive subjects to cover. Dr. Schillings was the first doctor that had answers for us and wanted to help us have our miracle baby!"
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Medical Arts Pavilion 2
Newark, DE 19713
Silverside Medical Center
2700 Silverside Road, Suite 2A
Wilmington, DE 19810
Eden Hill Medical Center
200 Banning Street, Suite 240
Dover, DE 19904
Phone: (302) 602-8822
Fax: (302) 602-8832